Chattanooga Whiskey Company is in the process of hiring a DISTILLER/MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST for our new craft production facility in downtown Chattanooga, TN – Outside Magazine’s two-time “BEST TOWN EVER” winner.
- Formal technical education or varied and extensive hands-on experience in many trades (electrical, plumbing, mechanical)
- Familiarity, knowledge or experience in the brewing/distilling trades
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision
- Extremely detail oriented
- Experience in MS Excel
- Highly safety conscious with respect to equipment and lock-out procedures
Maintenance-focused responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Developing a maintenance schedule on crucial equipment
- Maintaining clean and well-stocked tools and parts storage
- Performing facility breakdown and preventative maintenance tasks for all electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems related to the distilling operation as well as those related to distillery functionality. These include but are not limited to:
- Cooling tower
- Pumps and motors
- Heat exchangers
- Compressed air systems
- Electrical components – drives, transmitters, etc.
- Plumbing components – water (city, cooling tower, chilled)
- Building, welding, painting, and plumbing activities related to improving existing systems
- Teaming with other production staff to encourage proper use and care of all equipment
Distiller responsibilities include all aspects of grain to glass production of whiskey:
- Receipt of raw materials
- Milling, mashing and fermentation management
- Transferring of mash, fermentations, high wines, etc.
- Distillation on continuous column still
- Barrel filling, dumping, proofing
- Bottling, packaging and shipping/receiving
- Guiding occasional tours of the distillery
- Inventory management and materials ordering
- Single barrel micro-distillery activities and shifts
Candidates should be physically fit, able to lift 55-lbs and be able to work flexible hours and shifts.
Position is a salaried, entry-level position, benefits included. Start date is TBD.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume and cover letter.