Chattanooga Whiskey Company is in the process of hiring a BOTTLING LEAD/ASSISTANT DISTILLER for our two distilleries in downtown Chattanooga, TN – Outside Magazine’s two-time “BEST TOWN EVER” winner.
- Comfortable working in hot or cold environments
- Comfortable working with pumps, plumbing, air and electricity
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision once trained
- Extremely detail oriented/good record keeper
- Desire to continuously improve
- Naturally curious how things work (“things” = distillery equipment) and enjoys troubleshooting
- Physically fit, able to lift 55lbs and be able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Working with fellow employees on all other distillery/tour related considerations/duties (one team, one dream)
- Comfort and familiarity with chemistry concepts
- Some experience with lab equipment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Skills in MS Excel
Assistant Distiller responsibilities include all aspects of grain to glass production of whiskey:
- Bottling, packaging and shipping/receiving
- Receipt of raw materials
- Milling, mashing and fermentation management
- Transferring of mash, fermentations, high wines, etc.
- Distillation on pot still (primarily) and continuous column still
- Barrel filling, dumping, proofing
- Daily QA/QC responsibilities: sample collection, lab analysis and quality checks at every step of the process
- Data logging, tracking and analysis of trends and QC issues
- Inventory management, materials ordering and materials inspection/analysis
- Occasional maintenance activities, troubleshooting equipment
- TTB record keeping
This is an hourly, entry level role, and reports to Head Distiller, Manager of Production and Maintenance. Start date is TBD.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.